Sunday, November 15, 2009

Thanksgiving dinner - plan



So, now that Veteran's Day is out of the way, we are full steam ahead to Thanksgiving.

I/we am/are hosting this year.  I think there will be approximately 12-15 of us.

Here's what I'm thinking:

Stuffed cornish hens (as opposed to the traditional big bird, I'm going for little birds.  I think 1/2 per person is a reasonable expectation for portion size, except for the college and twenty-something men coming over for whom I will plan for 1.5 birds each)
Twice baked sweet potatoes
Gravy
A corn/bean dish
Honey glazed ham
Creamed spinach
Macaroni and cheese

DESSERTS!

Wines and warm cider

I am still open to suggestions though, so if you don't see your favorite holiday dish on the list, please post a comment with a suggestion.  Also, your favorite recipes for any of the above dishes are welcomed.

TTFN!

*(pictured - twice baked sweet potatoes with spiced walnuts artfully arranged on top)

No comments:

Post a Comment