Sunday, November 15, 2009

Veteran's Day on the casual tip


So, I've been distracted, travelling and not cooking.  That changed at the beginning of November.  Why?  Because one of my favorite food holidays is approaching.... Thanksgiving.

But there is a smaller holiday that comes up first.  I'd been on the road and didn't plan anything big.  But my husband and I did have one guest over for a homey Veteran's Day meal:

Panned spinach with onions and garlic
Spinach and ricotta ravioli with a red sauce
Toasted Baguette
Lovely Zinfandel!

Apple Cobbler

One hostess note:  If any of your guests or relatives are college age men or twenty-something men, double the amount of food you are making!  If it seems like you have a ridiculous amount of food..., you have make just barely enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment