Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving dinner - Yum

Happy Thanksgiving!



The dinner was okay.  The right elements, but everything needed salt, which is a real bummer.  I don't cook with much of it and I don't eat a ton, but for special ocassion meals, I have to remember to be a bit more liberal with the NaCl.

But, we finished with a BANG!!!  I think all the desserts were the bomb.  And there were several.  I made two and guests brought another four.  Can anyone say calorie filled heaven???

The Menu:
Creamed Spinach (my husband made)
Homemade yeast rolls (my husband made, these were very good)
Corned Bread Stuffing
Cornish Hens
Honey baked ham
Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Mushroom gravy
Baked Squash with apples (my s-i-l made)
Candied Yams (my s-i-l made)
Cranberry relish

Pecan Pie bars
Pumpkin spice cake with chocolate covered hazelnuts
Pumpkin cheesecake
Pumpkin pie
Apple pie
Sweet potato pie (friend Ashley made

There was also plenty of good white wine, sparkling cranberry juice, coffee and water

Thanksgiving is really a great harvest meal and a chance to give thanks for another year. Thanks all around!


pictured:  Cranberry relish (before and after) and Pumpkin spice cake with chocolate covered hazelnuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment